Chicky Chicky Parm Parm
I’m a genius now. (Call Mensa!)
I wanted chicken Parmesan last week, but couldn’t find a good recipe that would be either low-carb, keto, or THM/S… so I started thinking 🤔
And Eureka! I realized that I could make a totally solid chicken Parmesan breading out of pork rinds, almond meal, Italian seasoning, and of course, Parmesan￼￼￼!
So, here’s what you need to do!
- Food Processor
- Meat Hammer
- 3 oz Pork Rinds
- 1/4 cup Almond meal￼
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper (to your preference)
- 2 eggs
- 1.5-2 lbs Chicken Breast (thinly sliced)
- Coconut oil for frying
Here’s what you need to do:
- Put the pork rinds, almond meal, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in your food processor. Pulse until it’s all just crumbs.
- Your Parmesan cheese into that mixture. Now sit that aside.
- Whip your two eggs in a bowl until well beaten, sit that aside as well.￼
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Take your chicken breast pieces, and pound them with a meat mallet until they are as thin as you would wish a chicken Parmesan cutlet to be. This varies from person to person, personally I like mine very thin.￼￼￼￼ * pro-tip* if you can’t find your meat mallet, like a friend of mine couldn’t find hers, (ehem) You have my permission to use your metal ice cream scooper and then just never tell anyone that you did something so uncivilized￼￼.
- Heat your oil up in a frying pan￼.
- Now dip one of your chicken cutlets into the egg mixture, immediately dip it into the crumb mixture, then immediately put it into the hot frying oil￼.
- Let this cook until crispy on the bottom, then flip and cook to desired crispiness.￼
- Repeat this process with all of your chicken pieces until you have cooked them all or until you have run out of batter.￼
- Once all the chicken is cooked, place in your oven at 375° for about 10￼ minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and place a couple spoonfuls of a low sugar, low carb spaghetti sauce onto each cutlet. Add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to the top and then return to oven for 5 to 8 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, serve with a side salad and/or a small portion of spaghetti squash and enjoy your low glycemic life￼￼!